C.R. Technology Systems has developed its own plastic free project with the aim of reducing the single-use plastic in the company.
The adoption of good practices, in everyday working life, integrates sustainable attitude to the company strategies aimed to the staff and the environment well-being. In this way everyone can contribute concretely to the care of the planet.
The project highlights are the following:
- Elimination of plastic bottles and glasses
- Installation of still, sparkling and chilled water dispensers
- Distribution of customized steel thermos bottles to employees
- Use of glass bottles for meetings and conferences
- Use of biodegradable and compostable cuts
- Replacement of plastic steerers with the wooden ones
- Separate collection of any residual plastic
These actions will grant to save a yearly production of just over 60 kilograms of plastic and 360 kilos of CO2 in the environment. These are small figures in contrast with the 8 million tons of plastic that are spread every year into our oceans (source UN), or to the 1000/2000 tons of microplastics that end up on Italian beaches (source Pisa University), but every journey starts with a first step.
Moreover, it is right to keep in mind that it takes from 500 to 1000 years to partially dispose of a plastic bottle, and from 50 to 100 years for a glass.