REVAMPING AND EMPOWERMENT OF ELECTRICAL SUBSTATION FOR PESQUERO AREA
Design, construction and installation of electrical equipment destined for the revamping and empowerment of an outdoor electrical substation 34.5/13.8kV MV/MV serving a tourist center located in the province of Holguín (Cuba).
In particular, the electrical substation will provide electricity to n. 6 hotels for a total number of 3.899 rooms, 1 shopping center, the Pesquero bio park (a natural reserve completed with facilities for tourists) and n. 2 waste disposal plants.
The substation configuration includes:
- N. 2 medium-voltage (MV) air-insulated (AIS) switchgears 24kV and 36kV 1250A 25kA equipped with withdrawable circuit-breakers
- Low voltage (LV) panels 220/127V 60Hz
- PACiS SCADA system
- Power and current transformers
- Automatic switching system
- Internal arc detection sensors (arc-protection)
- Climatization, lighting and firefighting systems
- Auxiliary equipment
The SCADA system, interconnected to the national grid, will allow the substation to be fully automated and remotely operated, thus ensuring quick intervention on the plant.
Related projects to SCADA Solution
Granma, Pinar del Rio, Ciego da Avila, Santiago de Cuba, Guantanamo (Cuba)
The project, which has allowed to produce energy locally, has included n. 7 photovoltaic plants located in 5 different Cuban provinces: Granma, Pinar del Rio, Ciego da Avila, Santiago de Cuba and Guantanamo.